The quadrennial trade show for foundry and diecasting technology will cover more than ever
- "Bright World of Metals"
- Going strong after 50 years
- Momentum for Metec, Thermprocess, NewCast
801 companies are due to exhibit at GIFA 2015 in June, filling more space at the Düsseldorf exhibition center than in any of the previous 12 editions of the foundry and diecasting technology expo.
Exhibitors for GIFA 2015 and its companion events are setting new records for the volume of space they have already reserved, according to Messe Düsseldorf, which organizes the four events that will be staged June 16-20 at the fairgrounds in Düsseldorf, Germany. The planners announced that 911,700 sq.ft. of exhibition space has been sold for GIFA, Metec, Thermprocess, and NewCast, filling Halls 3-17 of the Düsseldorf exhibition center.
That record also noted that the exhibitors include about 2,000 companies, coming from around the world to take part in the event subtitled the “Bright World of Metals.”
“A development like this cannot be taken for granted nowadays, because company takeovers and mergers would actually justify stagnation or even a reduction in the number of exhibitors and sq.ft. of space,” Messe Düsseldorf director Friedrich-Georg Kehrer stated. “The fact that the ‘Bright World of Metals’ has such positive news to report shows that its unique position worldwide – combining different fields from foundry technology to metallurgy, thermo process technology and castings – guarantees trade fair success.”
GIFA will be the primary attraction for visitors active in foundry and diecasting business. The 13th International Foundry Trade Fair with Technical Forum, which has been held every four years for more than 50 years, will occupy 499,000 sq.ft. of exhibit space, surpassing the record set in 1999 (497,800 sq. ft.) 801 companies will fill this space, the planners noted.
“The phrase “oldie but goldie” definitely applies to GIFA, which has maintained an excellent level for many years and will be presenting the global players of the industry again this year,” offered Kehrer.
Among the metalcasting suppliers due to present at GIFA are Bühler, Frech, Italpress, Hüttenes-Albertus, Foresco, ABB Automation, Künkel-Wagner and Heinrich-Wagner/Sinto, ASK Chemicals, Fill, Loramendi, and Danish company DISA.
“By now, 61% of the GIFA exhibitors come from outside Germany,” explained Project Manager Raphaela Müller. “This is a clear indication of GIFA’s global significance.”
Most of the GIFA exhibitors from beyond Germany will be Italian firms (113 companies), followed by China (79) and Great Britain (42).
The concurrent exhibitions are showing similar potential:
• For Metec, 9th International Metallurgical Trade Fair with Congresses, the 230,950 sq.ft. of exhibition space, for 486 exhibitors from 35 countries, is building its best result to date. “The list of Metec exhibitors reads like the Who’s Who of the industry,” according to Project Manager Markus Liedtke. “The major industry players are on board, with SMS/Siemag, Siemens/Mitsubishi and Danieli, which are exhibiting at Metec again after not participating for a long time.”
• Thermprocess 2015, 11th International Trade Fair and Symposium for Thermo Process Technology, will host Inductotherm, LOI Thermprocess, ABP Induction, SMS/Siemag, and Otto Junker, each of which has booked “considerably more” space for the coming event than they have done in recent stagings. The 300 exhibitors have reserved over 110,860 sq.ft. of exhibition space.
• NewCast 2015, 4th International Trade Fair for Precision Castings, is becoming increasingly popular since its 2003 launch. “The production of castings has developed into a very international business over the last decade and this is reflected at NewCast,” explained Project Manager Janike Rotthoff. In 2015, about 370 exhibitors from 31 different countries will present their products and services over 71,000 sq.ft. of exhibit space.
Visitors and exhibitors should note that one ticket provides attendance to all four events.
Detailed information about — and registration for — the GIFA 2015 is available at www.mdna.com
• In addition, MDNA provides regular updates to the event program at blog.mdna.com; as well as twitter.com/Industrial_MDNA
• Düsseldorf hotel and travel information is available via TTI Travel Inc., tel. 866-674-3476; email@example.com; or www.traveltradeint.com